Bolingbroke Academy, a secondary school for 11-18 year olds, welcomed its first year 7 pupils in September 2012, with another 120 pupils joining every year until the school is fully subscribed in 2018. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team in a growing academy, located in refurbished Bolingbroke Hospital buildings next to Wandsworth Common, and play an important part in its success.
We are looking for an outstanding Head of Psychology who will be committed to academic excellence and to helping every child succeed. The successful applicant will be a strong and engaging teacher who will deliver outstanding teaching and learning that supports all pupils to achieve their full potential. You will be involved in the design and development of an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate and enjoy psychology, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn and understand.
Our ideal candidate will:
· be an outstanding teacher, able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities
· have experience of teaching psychology at A Level
· have a proven track record of success, and raising pupil attainment in psychology
· have some experience of leading and coaching others
· exude a passion for the subject which is evident in your day to day classroom practice
· demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
· have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
· be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· teach within the growing academy and help to develop Psychology provision
· set up the curriculum for the sixth form
· join a network of Ark academies and gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and a comprehensive CPD provision.
Deadline: 11am on Tuesday 22 May 2018.
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Ark MPS or UPS (Inner London) £28,799 - £39,195 or £44,261 - £47,998, depending on experience + TLR Competitive
Please apply at https://goo.gl/pqLwnW by 11am on Tuesday 22 May 2018.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis so early applications are encouraged. Strong candidates may be invited to interview prior to role’s closing date
For any queries relating to your application, please contact the recruitment team on email@example.com or 020 3116 6345.
Ark committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.