Head of Rainbow Base, Resource Provision
Required from Easter 2018 (or later by negotiation)
Salary range: £44,543 - £49,199
The GORSE Academies Trust and Governors are looking to appoint an excellent leader for Richmond Hill Academy, who has an outstanding record of accomplishment of achievement and is committed to the success of this Resource Provision.
If you have the skills to raise the teaching and learning standards to the highest quality and to embed a learning culture that enables children to become enthusiastic and independent learners; then this is the role for you!
You will be an outstanding practitioner who:
- Is dedicated to raising standards and is able to demonstrate highly effective teaching skills
- Demonstrates excellent and innovative pedagogical approaches for teaching and learning
- Can demonstrate the ability to plan an exciting, inspiring curriculum
- Is able to coach and mentor staff to reach high standards in our school and also across the wider Trust
The Head of Rainbow Base will also have the following experience and attributes:
- Extensive experience of working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and complex language and communication needs.
- Qualified Teacher status with leadership experience in the primary, special or Alternative Provision sectors.
- A proven track record of achieving academic excellence.
- Evidence of implementing innovative approaches to learning, particularly in regard to children with ASD.
- Experience of meeting the needs of children and young people who benefit from specialist provision within a mainstream setting.
- Resilience, energy and optimism.
Hillcrest Academy was the first primary school to join The GORSE Academies Trust in January 2014 as an inadequate school; it was judged to be outstanding in all areas in September 2016. Ofsted recognised that: ‘the impact of The GORSE Academies Trust in transforming a long-standing legacy of underachievement had been remarkable.’
Richmond Hill Academy joined us in November 2017 and we are confident that it will be judged to be an outstanding school in three years! Would you like to join us on this journey?
Do you want to be part of our team and make a real difference to the lives of children in Leeds?
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills and abilities, we look forward to hearing from you.
Visits are welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact school on 0113 3368899.
An application pack (including Job description and person specification for this role) is available to download from the website www.tgat.org.uk/jobs. For further information about the academy, please visit www.richmondhillleeds.co.uk
If you would like to know more about The Gorse Academies Trust, please visit; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-gorse-academies-trust-1071685
Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 19th February.
Interviews will take place on 22nd/23rd February 2018
Richmond Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.