Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Head of RE / Head of Humanities to work in a secondary school near Woking, Surrey. The school is situated in a leafy, residential area, which has great transport links from London. This full-time role is required to start September 2020 on a permanent contract. The successful Head of RE / Head of Humanities will have either a specialism in RE or History.
About the Role
• Head of RE / Head of Humanities
• Teaching available through to A Level
• Permanent contract to start September 2020
• Salary starting from £25,000 depending on experience
• TLR available
• Specialism in RE or History ideally
About the School
• Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in
• Larger than average secondary school
• Bright and visually appealing with inspirational quotes and students’ art and craft work displayed throughout
• Part of a multi-academy trust
• Friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Great career progression opportunities
• High behaviour expectations
• Dedicated sixth form block
• Great transport links, it’s on the same train line as Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Earlsfield
• The largest local town is Woking
• Located a 15 minute walk from the local station
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of RE / Head of Humanities will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN30495
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.