De La Salle School is a small thriving oversubscribed fully comprehensive and inclusive 11-16 school. Our school is situated on the northern side of Basildon in one of the most attractive sites in South Essex. As a Catholic school we respect and value all faiths, beliefs and cultures and welcome students who wish to share in a Catholic education.
The governors are seeking to appoint, for April or September 2020, an enthusiastic and well qualified graduate teacher who will lead a strong team of dedicated teachers in embracing the Catholic ethos through a broad and balanced curriculum provision and building on current standards of religious studies in the school.
As a Head of Department we would expect the candidate to teach KS3 & KS4. This appointment has a wider school responsibility in working with the Chaplain to develop spirituality of our students and the liturgical life of the school. De La Salle is a Catholic school and seek to appoint a practising Catholic to this post.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
• Has a proven record of excellence, including delivering consistently outstanding lessons to pupils of all abilities.
• Has the vision, drive and skills to contribute to the school development.
• Is capable of maintaining and developing exciting, imaginative and effective curriculum for all Key Stages.
• Has the leadership skills and experience to make a significant impact on sustaining and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across all age abilities.
• Be passionate about Religious Education, and capable of enthusing and inspiring both pupils and staff.
• Support and follow the Catholic ethos of the School
• Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
Our ideal candidate will be able to inspire endeavour, confidence and ambition in our pupils.
Visits to our thriving and oversubscribed school are warmly encouraged. Please contact Michelle Harrison, email@example.com to arrange a visit to the school.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.