Early applications are welcomed as the College reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the application process.
This is a superb opportunity for someone wishing to lead an innovative, well respected, dynamic and highly successful department of Religious Studies and Philosophy, in a school rated ‘Excellent’ in all ISI inspection categories. The role would suit an enthusiastic and pedagogically creative leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate pupils, staff and parents. The right candidate will be excited about leading a motivated and talented team who teach dynamic lessons, aimed at ensuring inclusion of all pupils, whatever their ability.
The Religious Studies and Philosophy department has a fantastic record of success, with increasing numbers and impressive results. The excellent teaching combined with the support given to students has resulted in superb results, 50% gaining A*-A, 83% A-B and 100% A-E at A Level enabling pupils to accept places at the university of their choice. GCSE results are also impressive: 63% A*-A, 88% A*-B and 94% A-C.
The right candidate will answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you passionate about teaching and learning?
- Do you have the skills and ability to develop and implement subject specific policies and practices aimed at fostering outstanding pedagogy?
- Do students and colleagues leave your lessons inspired and enthused?
- Do you have high expectations of pupils and teachers, and the drive to help them achieve their potential?
- Do you have experience of teaching GCSE and A Level?
- Would you enjoy working as part of a dynamic and professional team of teachers and support staff?
Shiplake College provides the following:
- Exceptional education delivered by a dedicated team of teachers and support staff with first-rate resources
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to become involved with a busy and varied co-curricular programme available to students
- A beautiful working environment located on the bank of the River Thames, free lunch and evening meal when on duty, contributory teachers’ pension scheme, gym facilities and open-air swimming pool during summer months
- Excellent peer support and professional development opportunities
- Inclusive and thriving community spirit
- Accommodation on site (for selected staff)
Informal pre-application discussions and visits are welcome; please call Moya Flynn on 01189 405218. A job/person specification and an application form is available from www.shiplake.org.uk/vacancies
Closing Date: 10am, Tuesday 24 April 2018
Interviews: Friday 27 - Monday 30 April 2018
Shiplake College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with the Disclosure and Baring Service. Shiplake College is an equal opportunities employer.