Head of Religious Studies & Philosophy.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive all-boys school, based in Kent. The school is looking to add a Head of Religious Studies & Philosophy to their progressive and supportive Humanities Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Religious Studies & Philosophy at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“The School is a high performing boys’ grammar school which is enriched by a mixed sixth form. Our 2015 Ofsted Report deemed us to be Outstanding in all areas. We are seeking to appoint a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Head of Department to support the unique identity of our school.
Religious Studies is a core subject at the school. In recent years, all students have completed either full or short course GCSE. From next summer, the full course GCSE is compulsory for all. Philosophy has been added to our Sixth Form offer, and is proving very popular, in addition to Religious Studies at A-Level. With five committed members of staff, the department prides itself on excellent and innovative teaching."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Religious Studies & Philosophy Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Religious Studies & Philosophy up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: developing provision and improving on current ways of delivery
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1407728 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1407728
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...