West Derby School is an 11-18 all boys’ school in Liverpool. The school is oversubscribed with appeals for places, and has 1000 on roll including 130 in the Sixth Form. We have a state of the art building providing a bright and inspirational learning environment with excellent facilities. We have an ethos of achievement and the belief that every student will achieve no matter their background. Supporting this are simple but powerful values of mutual respect, dignity and pride.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dyunamic Head of Department to lead on Religious Studies across the school. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach Religious Studies at all key stages including KS5.
We can offer you:
• Opportunities to teach your specialist subject to GCSE and A Level
• Extensive and individualised professional development programme
• A school with outstanding facilities
• An opportunity to change lives through education
You will be:
• An excellent teacher of Religious Studies
• Innovative in your approach to teaching
• Able to achieve excellent examination results for children
• Motivated by a desire to change lives
• A qualified teacher
For an informal conversation please telephone Mrs Wilkinson, Deputy Head, on 0151 235 1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack please visit: www.westderbyschool.co.uk
Closing date 12.00 p.m. on Thursday 24th January 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 29th January 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and they must follow the school’s code of conduct for adults. The school operates a whistleblowing policy. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and Barred List check.