Head of Religious Studies/Religious Education TLR2B
Commencement Date: 01 September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of RS/RE with the skills and knowledge to teach pupils with challenge and passion
At Mercia School, lessons are:
- Exceptionally challenging for all pupils, no matter their ability or need
- Taught in a traditional way that gives pupils time to practise and master content
- Crucial to raising aspirations so all pupils have a successful career and a happy life
- Preparing pupils for the challenges at GCSE and A-level from day one
- Focussed on extended writing, knowledge of a wide range of world religions and full of religious debate A dynamic variety of religious, spiritual and ethical questions underpins our knowledge based curriculum
Your role will be to teach excellent lessons, driving your subject with passion and enthusiasm, promoting a love of RS and committing yourself to the vision of the school. You will also contribute to the elective programme. We are a small, dedicated team and we want to recruit someone who can help us deliver an unrivalled curriculum, both in and out of lessons.
Further information and details about how to apply can be found on the school website. For an informal and confidential discussion, please call on 0114 553 9080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from talented, ambitious individuals who can dedicate themselves to the implementation of the school’s vision.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TES OR SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL APPLICATION FORM. Please use the school application form which is available to be download or accessed via our websites.
Mercia Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years