Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Girls was founded in September 2000 to fulfill the vision of the Late President, H.H. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan to provide the very highest quality of education in the United Arab Emirates. The school is located in the Al Bateen District of Abu Dhabi and has a unique educational program which combines the rich history, culture, and traditions of the United Arab Emirates with an American academic curriculum. Whilst the majority of the students are Emirati or have an Arabic heritage, the school welcomes students of all nationalities. The academy currently has an enrolment of 1470 students offering co-educational places for students in Foundation Stage – Year 4 and an all-girls education from Year 5 – 13. The school is fully managed by GEMS Education - the leading K – 12 private school operator in the world, educating more than 250,000 children from 160 nationalities, across 19 countries.
The Academy has been judged by Abu Dhabi Education Council to be a ‘high performing’ school – one of just a handful of schools in the Capital achieving this inspection judgment/outcome. As part of continuous improvement efforts SZPAG has begun a significant overhaul of the high school division. We are now seeking to appoint an exceptional leader with the drive and vision to take this highly regarded school to ‘outstanding’.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within an all through (3-18) or Secondary school;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide direction, set expectations, and inspire staff by communicating goals clearly and empowering them through collaboration;
- Experience of leading schools through successful inspections (OFSTED) and/or reaccreditation (CIS, NEASC, and other North American accrediting agencies);
- Experience of school improvement and leading significant change;
- Successful and demonstrable experience of parental engagement and evidence of creating community partnerships that enhance learning;
- A cultural understanding and ethos to lead both staff and students to continually strive for excellence;
- An understanding or are capable of developing an understanding of the unique cultural imperatives of running this school
Although the school offers the American Curriculum it is not essential for the Head of School to have a knowledge or understanding of this curriculum, we are seeking an outstanding leader interested and able to work within any curriculum.
If you are passionate about teaching and learning and subscribe to SZPAG’s core purpose of ‘Honoring the past. Educating for the future’, and have the skills and abilities to meet the needs of this unique school, please submit a CV, along with a formal letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about the school and GEMS Education please visit our website at www.szpag.com. If you wish to have a discussion about the post please email Danielle.email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th December 2016.