Ladywood School is a primary special school for pupils with complex learning difficulties. There are currently 96 pupils on roll. This will increase to 130 from September 2017. Ladywood is designated as a National Teaching School and we are also commissioned by Bolton LA to offer an outreach service to all mainstream schools.
Ladywood has been judged as an outstanding school by OFSTED on 3 consecutive occasions, most recently in January 2016.
We are looking to appoint a Head of School to work in partnership with our Executive Headteacher and our exceptional, committed staff to lead our school into the future. We want to appoint an inspirational leader who will:
- Share our clear vision to provide excellence for all of our pupils.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning for all pupils.
- Develop highly motivated staff who are ambitious for our school and committed to the teamwork that makes us so successful.
- Work in partnership with our multi agency team to ensure excellent provision for our pupils.
- Have a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents and carers in meeting the needs of our pupils.
- Work in partnership with other leaders to support the delivery of our SEND Outreach Service to mainstream schools across Bolton.
- Support the development of our Teaching School offer in line with our commitment to share practice and support the principles of system leadership.
- Be committed to collaborative leadership which builds on strong partnerships with governors; the Local Authority; other schools and the wider community of Bolton.
Ladywood is at an exciting time in its development. We have a large building project currently underway to increase our capacity from September 2017. We are also in the process of applying to form a multi academy trust which will cement our ongoing partnership with Firwood High School in Bolton. We are looking forward to working with our new Head of School to continue to develop our outstanding provision.
For an information pack, please contact Gill Warburton by email - email@example.com or telephone on 01204 332124.
Informal visits to the school are most welcome by arrangement with Sally McFarlane, Executive Headteacher. Please call on 01204 333400.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday, 6th December 2016
Shortlisting: Thursday 8th December 2016
Assessment and Interviews: Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th December 2016
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment