A great opportunity for an exceptional school leader
We are seeking someone to fulfil the new role of Head of School, in order to allow the current Headteacher to take on other responsibilities beyond the school and become the Executive Headteacher.
With a mission to enhance the life prospects of children from a diverse and challenging community, St. Joseph’s is determined to sustain its ‘Ofsted Outstanding’ status, achieved in February 2014. We have an established record of the highest achievement for our children and a clear vision for school development. All children, regardless of their background, are inspired to reach their fullest potential, in a school environment of support, challenge and the highest aspiration and expectations.
The School is located in a vibrant and creative part of Central London, and we make use of the opportunities to use London as our classroom as part of our ambitious and creative approach to teaching and learning. Our children are expected to model our school values along with exemplary behaviour.
The Head of School will be responsible, with the Executive Headteacher, for the leadership and management of the School. You will be given considerable autonomy, but you will have the support of the Executive Headteacher as you further develop your leadership experience.
You will be someone who is:
- Passionate for education in a way that inspires and motivates children and staff;
- Committed to the highest possible achievement for every child;
- Highly experienced in teaching and learning practice, both in the classroom and as a leader;
- Motivated to lead the school forward;
- A committed and practising Catholic;
- Innovative – so the children get the richest possible experience;
- Ready for the next step in your career as an educational leader.
We can offer you:
- An exciting leadership role that will enable you to make more of a difference to children’s lives
- Career development
- A great location to work in and great people to work with.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 29thSeptember 2017
Interviews: 16th and 17th October 2017
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange this at: email@example.com
St Joseph’s is committed to the safeguarding of all children, through its policies, practice and monitoring procedures. Any applicant wishing to work around children can expect to have an enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRB).If shortlisted for interview your motives for working in a school setting will be explored. Knowing that racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination exist, we promote justice, fairness and equality in all areas of school life. All backgrounds and groups, including those with disabilities, are welcome to apply.