Utahloy International School Zengcheng (UISZ) seeks an experienced, energetic and visionary leader, with an innovative mindset and strong inter-personal communication skills. Our new Head of School will work with excellent staff, delightful students and engaged parents to develop a supportive, challenging and inspiring learning environment. The successful candidate will also have the responsibility for ensuring students and staff flourish in an atmosphere that provides challenge, inspiration and support. We are proud to provide premium education for expat and local families looking for an outstanding school.
Our school is a co-educational boarding and day school for students aged 3-19 years and currently enrol 200 students.
The school is located in an idyllic environment just outside the city of Zengcheng and will soon be moving to a new purpose-built facility that will further inspire and facilitate student learning both within and outside the classroom.
The school is an accredited proprietary school owned by the Utahloy Education Foundation (UEF) and is governed by the UEF Board. Utahloy Education Foundation Ltd. UEF is an education company with corporate social responsibilities supported by Guangzhou Municipal Government and the Guangzhou University to provide international education for expatriate families working in China.
About the role
The Head of UISZ will provide leadership and vision for the long-term benefit of the school and the student population, add to the reputation of the UEF, and fully oversee the school’s operation. He or she will possess the following profile:
- Successful experience in a senior leadership position in international schools.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in accreditation and re-accreditation processes, and in systems and practices of strategic school improvement.
- Understand the workings of a boarding school environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the IB programmes.
- Exceptional and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound financial judgment in partnership with the board and management committees to secure value for money for the school
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Marketing and entrepreneurial understanding
- Ability to enhance collaboration and partnership between faculty, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Cross-cultural openness and understanding.
- Able to adapt quickly to a dynamic and demanding environment, you will bring Master’s and/or PhD. / EdD. Degree(s) from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of four years of experience as a School Head in international or IB World schools.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the educational field.
- In depth knowledge of the IB and its programmes
Include a competitive salary, housing, medical insurance and home flights. In addition to this there will be a strong focus on professional development and the opportunity for internal promotions as the school grows.
putting Andy Mok UEF HR Director in copy email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will receive an application package including the JD and salary range.
Applicants should provide:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the position.
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages, addressing the desired professional qualifications as well as the desired personal qualities.
- A one or two-page statement outlining your philosophy of education.
- A one-page list of at least three (3) referees with current phone numbers, email addresses and the position they held when you worked with them.