IBIS – Independent Bonn International School
Head of School from January 2018
Independent Bonn International School
Initial Contract - 2 Years
We are looking for a talented leader in international education to drive the development and ongoing success of our well- established school for 3-13 year olds.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head to lead and maintain the high standards achieved in the ISI inspection. The school was awarded outstanding in all eight categories. In addition to curriculum development, the Head will play a key role in further developing the values and culture of our school to create a distinctive educational offer. He/she should be able to communicate in a compelling way to prospective families to drive a strong student enrolment and will be expected to take the lead
The school’s curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum with special emphasis on our international community and the German language. We are also a Cambridge recognised school and the school also has Ersatzschulstatus for Years 2-5.
The Independent Bonn International School (IBIS) has been the preferred choice of many parents for over 50 years and it continues to offer a first-rate education for children from both the local and the international communities.
The school is a member of the Council of British Independent Schools (COBIS) and is inspected regularly by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI). It is also inspected and approved by the German Education Authorities as an alternative to their own schools. IBIS also belongs to the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Allied German International Schools (AGIS). IBIS is a non-profit organisation.
IBIS’ Board of Governors consists of engaged, interested leaders from various industries and from within the school, who are dedicated to the continuous success of the school. The Board of Governors is committed to working with the future Headteacher to maintain a high standards within the school.
How will you contribute to the success of IBIS?
- Provide dynamic and professional leadership to ensure continued success.
- To inspire, challenge, motivate, and empower all members of the school community to carry the school’s vision forward.
- Carry out your professional duties in accordance with and subject to local employment legislation.
- Adhere to the mandates and policies of IBIS’ Schulverein and Förderverein in running the school.
- The Headteacher is accountable to the Governors for the standards achieved and the management and administration of the school.
- The job description is based on the (UK/German) National Standards for Head Teachers and is subject to annual review.
- The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Headteacher adhere to these standards
- The successful candidate will have to provide the following documents:
- Historic police and criminal record check documents.
- A list of professional references.
- Health certificates.
- Proof of identity
Roles & Responsibilities
The Headteacher will:
- Provide professional leadership and management for the school to ensure that the highest standards are achieved in all areas of the school’s work.
- Lead the school to success:
o Ensure an optimum school with regards curriculum, staffing, administration, and resources.
o Support the Board of Governors in the various phases of the school’s ongoing development.
o Work collaboratively with the Deputy Head and the educational and administrative team in instituting and streamlining policies across IBIS. Assessment procedures are a priority
o Be someone with a great spirit, vision, and work ethic, who will not be discouraged by the unavoidable challenges that the running of a school entails.
To succeed, the Headteacher will:
- Provide vision, leadership and direction.
- Ensure child protection is a high priority
- Secure and sustain outstanding standards of teaching and learning.
- Promote excellence and set high expectations for all pupils and staff.
- Promote the social and cultural development of all pupils.
- Evaluate school performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement.
- Identify the resources necessary to achieve the school’s aims.
- Ensure that the day-to-day management, organisation, and administration are carried out effectively.
- Ensure that the financial aspects of the school are well controlled.
- Ensure the creation of a safe and productive learning environment that is engaging and fulfilling for students and staff alike.
- Work effectively with the Governing Body.
- Secure the commitment of the wider community.
- Value the diversity of the community that the school serves.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as Deputy Headteacher or middle management role
- Be the holder of a Master or Doctoral Degree in Education with proven teacher qualification and experience.
- Effective communication, interpersonal understanding, and presentation skills.
- Strong team building and people management skills.
- Fluent in English with a good knowledge of German, to be able to engage effectively in regular communication with the German educational and governmental authorities.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and previous experience in instituting change in an education environment would be a plus.
- German language essential
The Board of Directors of the Independent Bonn International School.
Salary Range: EU salary range for a qualified Headteacher, based on relevant skills and years of experience.
Please submit your application form containing your CV, Letter of Motivation, scanned professional credentials, and criminal background check security clearances to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 5th December 2016
Initial interviews by Skype in December and short listed candidates’ interviews in Bonn in January.