Post : Head of School
Salary : L18 to L24 plus non-residential allowance (Negotiable depending on experience and Qualifications)
Start Date : April 1st 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter
Responsible to CEO and Cloughwood Academy LGB
If you have not already been contacted by the school, previous applicants need not apply.
The Trustees of Kaleidoscope Learning Trust are seeking to appoint to Cloughwood Academy a highly motivated, committed, ambitious Senior Leader with a proven track record of outstanding, innovative, forward-thinking, strategic school leadership.
We are looking for an aspiring or currently serving headteacher with a clear vision and passion for improving the lives of children with special educational needs.
Cloughwood Academy is an exceptional, growing and expanding specialist school for male pupils from age 8 to 18 who present with Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs with other complexities.
The KLT MAT is at a real moment of developing, seeking to expand and grow with the addition of other schools / provisions a priority in the Strategic Plan. It couldn’t be a more exciting time to join.
The successful Head of School will:
• Be a professional person with high standards and high expectations of everybody who works at the school.
• Have a track record of getting the best out of teaching and care teams through rigorous coaching and performance management.
• Have the interests of our children at the forefront of their thinking and design the curriculum to best match the needs of the pupils and get the best out of them.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills at all levels.
• Have an ability to reflect on their own performance and prove a commitment to the professional development of themselves and the staff team.
• Value every member of the staff team and ensure every person has a voice and can make a contribution to the life of the school.
• Understand the range of special needs of our pupils and be able to draw on experience, skills and knowledge of specialist education to ensure the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
• Be inspirational and lead staff and pupils to be the best they can be.
• Be robust and resilient, hardworking and self-starting, able to work effectively on their own, leading a team or working collaboratively.
• Understand national and regional contexts within which special education is framed and have a clear understanding of the future direction of travel for the sector within the education landscape as a whole.
• Firmly believe in educating all children and helping them develop into successful, confident, independent people able to participate to the best of their ability in society.
• Dedicated to safeguarding the welfare of all our pupils and pay attention to the Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) – we will check.
• Demonstrate a problem-solving, creative mindset in which no problem is ever insurmountable.
• Have energy, enthusiasm, discipline and passion for the job.
If you are this person, you will be handsomely rewarded by working at Cloughwood Academy with our flourishing, highly successful team.
For further information and to arrange a visit (essential), please contact the school office on 01606 537690 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 4th January 2022 at 12 noon
Interviews: Thursday 13th & Friday 14th January 2022
Kaleidoscope Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including Disclosure and Barring Service.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from the academy within two weeks of the closing date, you should assume your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Cloughwood Academy is an outstanding specialist day and residential provision. Situated in Hartford, near Northwich in Cheshire, Cloughwood serves families from all areas of Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East, as well as a number of pupils c...