AMIS is a thriving international school in Kampala, offering high quality primary education to 270 children aged between 3 and 11. Since opening its doors in 1997, AMIS has established itself as one of the leading schools in the region, offering a broad and balanced education to children from all around the world.
The role of the Head of School is to provide strategic leadership and effective management for Ambrosoli International School, in line with the school’s vision and mission. This includes ensuring the continuous improvement of the school, delivering high quality education and personalised learning for all its pupils. At the same time, the new Head of School will need to shape the school’s future, managing an ambitious campus expansion and renovation plan within the financial constraints of a small school, making a big difference.
This is a set of essential and desirable criteria for the role. A more detailed job description together with the associated attributes is available at http://www.ambrosolischool.com/vacancies/.
- Internationally recognised qualified primary teacher with at least 5 years’ experience working in an international primary school and knowledge of the English national curriculum
- At least 3 years’ senior leadership experience in an international school, preferably as a Head of School, Head of Primary or as a Deputy Head of School, including evidence of strategic leadership
- Possesses ability to manage and actively build the capacity of teachers and staff
- Experience in financial management and/or oversight
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Possesses a growth mindset and a commitment to investing in one’s own professional development.
- CIS and IPC experience
- Experience in marketing and/or communications, including growing pupil numbers in a school
- Previous experience working or living in Africa
Salary and benefits
A competitive salary will be offered alongside benefits that include private medical insurance, housing benefit and annual flights.
How to apply
Interested candidates should write to email@example.com with an updated CV (maximum 2 pages); three (3) professional references (including current employer); and a written statement answering each of the following questions:
- How would you as a head teacher prepare children for the 21st century? (250 words)
- At this stage, Ambrosoli is improving its campus and growing its student body with limited financial resources while keeping the spirit of “a small school making a big difference.” How would you respond to this challenge? Draw on your past experience. (250 words)
- Is there anything else you would like to add that makes you the ideal candidate for Ambrosoli? (250 words)
The closing date for applications is Friday, August 30, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Initial interviews will be held by Skype in September/October with final interviews on campus in Kampala, Uganda in November.
Ambrosoli International School is aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection; we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be expected to show evidence of their most up to date child protection screening details including checks with past employers and police checks from international school positions held.