About Children’s International School
Children’s International School, more commonly known as CIS, is an outstanding, purpose-built day and boarding school for more than 700 exceptionally capable and hard-working girls and boys from the ages of 3 to 16 years.
Students are supported by excellent resources and dedicated teachers to achieve outstanding results at both GCSE and IGCSE (with A*- B results averaging over 60% for the last 4 years). Now in its 14th year, the impressive and well-resourced campus is set within purpose built and landscaped grounds in Lekki.
Excellent facilities and resources are provided to support the exceptional learning environment. Students take part in a wide range of academic, sporting, cultural and self-development activities and compete with the very best schools at the highest level nationally and internationally.
Accreditation & Memberships
CIS is accredited by the Department for Education as 'Good with outstanding standards' and because of this it is deemed a British School Overseas (BSO). It is also accredited by Education Development Trust's international inspection team with their Silver International School Quality Mark (ISQM) standard. These two prestigious awards were bestowed as a result of an inspection in October 2015. CIS is the only school in Africa accredited to both these levels. CIS is a fully accredited member of COBIS and AISA.
The current Head of School has served the school with distinction for six years.
The Directors of CIS are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate who has a strong track-record in successful school leadership at Deputy or Headship level, ideally with some international experience.
The Head of School will have a passion for teaching and learning, strength in educational leadership, organisational and financial management skills and the ability to develop and sustain high quality relationships with students, staff and parents.
The successful candidate will demonstrate
- Outstanding leadership, vision and direction in teaching and learning
- Experience of creating and maintaining a productive international environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all pupils including analysis of data to ensure students achieve their best
- Success in establishing effective organisational, community and management relationships in a developing context
- Cultural sensitivity and a drive to develop the highest moral and ethical standards in students and staff of different backgrounds and nationalities
- Business acumen with experience of developing and effectively managing school budgets
- Significant experience of the English National Curriculum
A highly competitive salary with an attractive benefits package is on offer.
Closing date: Friday 20th April 2018
Start date: August 2018.
For more information and an informal discussion
Mark Brooks email@example.com
Tim Emmett firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILDREN’S INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (CIS)