TNS Beaconhouse, a member of the Beaconhouse network
Beaconhouse was established in 1975 and is now one of the largest private education organisations in the world with over 280,000 students from 3 to 19 years of age. Beaconhouse operates K-12 schools in 8 countries (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Belgium, UK, UAE, Oman and Pakistan), with a major part of our operations in high-growth markets like Pakistan and Malaysia. It is also a franchisee of US-based Gymboree Play & Music in Pakistan and Belgium, and operates a network of junior colleges and a not-for-profit liberal arts university in Pakistan.
TNS Beaconhouse is one of the premium K-12 school brands of Beaconhouse. An IB World School located in Lahore, Pakistan, TNS Beaconhouse offers a modern, purpose-built campus featuring technology-rich classrooms, age-appropriate science laboratories, ICT & Media Suites, a Design Technology lab, swimming pool, playgrounds, a versatile auditorium with state-of-the-art AV facilities and an impressive three-level library.
TNS Beaconhouse was authorised to offer the IB-MYP in February 2012 and the IBDP in 2014.
Since its inception in 2007, TNS Beaconhouse has been driven by the philosophy of experiential learning, and has used Project-based Learning (PBL) as its key pedagogical approach. PBL at TNS Beaconhouse fosters and exploits the innate abilities and unique potential of children to be active stakeholders in their own development and learning. The focus remains firmly on the teaching of practical, real-life skills rather than textbook theory: authentic learning activities rather than decontextualised and classroom-based tasks.
The student population of TNS Beaconhouse is at present just below 1,000 and is accommodated in two campuses with a total of 275 staff members, of whom 135 are teachers. The two locations are treated as one school with one senior leadership team.
The Head of School:
- Assumes responsibility and instructional leadership for the planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of the educational programme
- Communicates with students, teachers, parents and community members using a variety of mediums including technology
- Partners with teachers to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and individual teacher performance
- Coordinates and promotes professional growth plans and opportunities for faculty and staff
- Coordinates New Teacher Induction and ongoing staff development programmes
- Establishes a professional development plan for all building level administrators with on-going dialogue, reflection, and evaluation
- Provides leadership and oversight for instructional, co-curricular and extracurricular programmes
- Develops and implements a strategic vision for the use of technology in the school
- Is responsible for horizontal and vertical articulation and curricular alignment
- Works with teachers and parents to implement student interventions that differentiate instruction based on student need
- Reviews curriculum development proposals
- Oversees assessment programmes
- Establishes, monitors, and evaluates school improvement goals as documented in the annual School Improvement Plan
- Uses data to make decisions about curriculum, assessment, instruction and all school improvement efforts
- Establishes a culture of mutual respect and excellence through dialogue and relationships with staff members, students, central office administrators and community members
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates programmes to enhance positive school culture and climate
- Is responsible for staffing, enrolment, and budget decisions involving master schedule development
- Coordinates selection of all certified and classified staff.
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in education, educational leadership, management and administration up to Master’s level (preferred).
- An understanding of international curricula (IB/CIE/IPC) and of enquiry and project-based learning
- A minimum of 12-15 years of overall experience in education, of which at least 7-8 years have been as a teacher and 5-7 years have been in education leadership and management roles
o Including whole school leadership experience of one or more IB World Schools (preferably those offering the MYP and the DP) for at least 3-4 years
The person is envisaged as an instructional and pastoral leader who will oversee the school’s staff and students as well as the overall administrative and academic management of the school.
- His/Her experience and understanding of education will enhance and develop students’ learning outcomes through strategic deployment of resources
- He/She will offer leadership, inspiration and guidance and manage the day-to-day affairs of the school ensuring excellent academic performance
- He/She will play a major role in advising the school’s Board of Governors on the strategic planning for the whole school and work effectively as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Gross monthly salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and profile (local taxes will apply)
- House rent (with basic furnishing) PKR 100,000 per month (an excellent rent in Pakistan)
- Company-provided 24-hour security guard at home (building security will be communal in an apartment building)
- Utility allowance PKR 20,000/- per month (including running cost of generator)
- Mobile phone allowance PKR 4,000/- per month
- Company maintained & insured car (1300cc) with 150 litres of petrol per month
- Company provided driver
- Medical insurance (local health insurer; hospitalisation only)
- Economy class airfare at the time of joining (one way) and conclusion of the contract (one way) for employee and immediate family
- 1 return economy class airfare at the end of each contract year for employee and immediate family
This is a three (03) year contract with an option to renew upon its completion.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to email an introductory letter expressing their interest and commenting on their suitability for the role, a comprehensive resume, a recent passport-sized photograph and contact details of three referees (one of whom should your current or most recent employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will initially be interviewed via Skype. After the initial interview, the final candidates will have a panel interview which may be held at Beaconhouse Head Office in Lahore, Pakistan, and/or via Skype.
For further information about the school, please visit our website www.tns.edu.pk.
For background information on a key Beaconhouse initiative that inspired the school and continues to inform its development, please visit www.schooloftomorrow.beaconhouse.net.
For information on the not-for-profit liberal arts university funded by Beaconhouse, please visit www.bnu.edu.pk