Head of School
Aloeric Primary School
Salary L11 (£50,476) - L17 (£58,389)
Pickwick Academy Trust, formed in August 2017, is a thriving community of four founding primary schools located within 10 miles of each other in Corsham, Chippenham and Melksham in the beautiful county of Wiltshire. The schools in the Trust are committed to working together to provide the best schools and outcomes for their children.
The Board are seeking to appoint a Head of School who will report directly to an Executive Headteacher, of which there are two within the Trust’s leadership structure.
Head of School at Aloeric Primary School
Aloeric Primary School is a two form entry school in Melksham that has grown in popularity over the years and now provides education to over 390 children. The school was found to be a “good” by Ofsted in June 2015. Aloeric has a strong, supportive, cohesive workforce and enjoys good relationships with the community. It prides itself on putting children at the heart of everything that is does. The Board are now looking for a strong, approachable Head of School to take the school into its next phase of development and to provide proactive operational management on a day to day basis.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have a proven track record at senior leadership level of raising pupil standards, and be able to demonstrate this success at interview.
- Be an outstanding leader with drive, energy and ambition, inspiring children and staff to strive for continuous improvement and outstanding outcomes for all.
- Be able to recognise the school’s individual strengths and build upon its achievements and successes.
- Be able to develop quickly as a credible leader and have the ability to foster professional, influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have worked collaboratively and are committed to work in partnership with fellow Heads of School in other Trust schools.
The children have requested their new Head is happy, encouraging and takes an interest in what they are doing inside their classroom and at home. They would like a Head who “they can look up to”.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Fiona Allen CEO on 01249 712387
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2018 (5pm).
Interviews and selection activities to take place on: 2 and 3 July 2018
Please visit the school website for further details about Aloeric www.aloeric.wilts.sch.uk
Visits to the school are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact the school office on: 01225 702563
All applicants must apply using the Pickwick Academy Trust application form.
Pickwick Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed. It is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.