Harbour International School is seeking an experienced and well-qualified school leader who has the skills and values to build upon the school’s current success.
We are a small primary school, with a strong sense of community, located in the vibrant city of Rotterdam. We offer an internationally focused curriculum, with a high level of differentiation to meet the needs of all the children in our care.
The new Head, together with the senior leadership team, will support and guide the staff to ensure the school is constantly attaining academic excellence.
He/She will ensure that all children are given the opportunity to achieve to the best of their ability and provide them with a well rounded education.
The school welcomes applications from those who see their characteristics and values represented in the following statements:
● You have a tireless commitment to ensure that the best interests of the students are at the centre of all decision making
● You are internationally minded
● You believe in supporting students both academically and socially to help prepare them for the future
● You strive to grow professionally through continuous study
● You are a team player with energy, creativity and a sense of humour
● You are committed to the vision of our school and inspire others to do the same
● You are a reflective leader, adaptable and flexible particularly in the current climate
Education and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree is required with qualified teacher status in home country; an advanced degree is preferred
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
● Knowledge and understanding of current trends in international education
● Experience in leading teams that promotes collegiality, equality, integrity and innovation
● You have outstanding communication skills in English (both oral and written)
● You have the ability to motivate and delegate effectively
● You have the ability to drive forward developments in our curriculum
● You have proven management skills
● You have strong organisational skills
● You are approachable and supportive of staff, children and parents
● Knowledge of the basics of finance and accounting and experience in monitoring budgets
● You have a willingness to learn Dutch
● Appointment on a temporary basis for one year with a prospect of a permanent contract
● Full Time (work factor 1.0)
● The current Collective Agreement is applicable for this role https://ambtenarensalaris.nl/onderwijs
● Grading salary takes place in scale A12 with a max of €5070 gross per month
● Relocation allowance
● End of year bonus & vacation pay
● Possibility of qualifying for the 30% tax ruling
The starting date for this position is 1 August 2021 or earlier if possible. To apply for this position please complete the online application form, providing a full CV with three references and a letter, up to two pages, detailing your experience and why you are interested in our school.
The closing date for applications is 8 March 2021.
Early applications are encouraged, as the school reserves the right to appoint before the closing date in the case of an outstanding candidate. Initial interviews will be held online between March 1st and March 12th, 2021.
Harbour International School is committed to safeguarding and employment is on the condition of full safeguarding checks including obtaining a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and telephone reference checks from previous employers.
Harbour International School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 12 years