Head of School PA
The Chalk Hills Academy have an exciting new role, PA to the Head of School. Your main responsibilities will be to work directly to the Head of School. You will also deputise for the Executive Principal’s PA as and when required including some line-management duties. You will become an integral member of our welcoming, supportive and friendly teams. This role will suit an individual who is highly skilled professional, personable, dedicated, highly efficient and responsible. Prior experience working in an office environment is required and office experience gained in a school environment would be a bonus.
You will be responsible for the provision of a high-quality PA service that supports the educational ambitions and high aspirations of The Chalk Hills Academy. To support the Head of School and Executive Principal through the provision of a confidential, professional, efficient, and responsive administrative service. This service includes the handling of highly sensitive, confidential, and conflicting issues on a daily basis, dealing with staff, parents, governors and other external bodies. The PA to the Head of School will be responsible and accountable for delivering a high-quality PA service and will be required to act on his/her own initiative, using careful judgement, tact and diplomacy.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership and an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body. The Chalk Hills Academy has state of the art facilities which include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
It is incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop.
• Diary management for the Head of School
• Act as gatekeeper and manage visitor flow to Head of School
• Deputise for the Executive Principal’s PA as and when required, including line management duties
• Liaison for Head of School visitors including hospitality
• Schedule SLT Agendas and minute weekly and other meetings as required
• Maintain Teams SLT channel and ensure documents are uploaded promptly
• Monitor complex strategic actions from minutes as required
• Maintain a file of all Academy Policies
• Co-ordinate Ofsted documents as required
• Photocopying for Head of School
• Academy weekly newsletter
• Initiate action calls on behalf of Head of School
• To respond to and produce confidential information on behalf of the Head of School to external agencies
• Undertake tasks on behalf of the wider SLT as and when required
The Successful Candidate will have
• At least five years’ or more experience of working as a PA, administrative environment
• Experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels
• Experience of working in Education would be desirable but not essential
• Start Date asap
• Salary L6:21-L6/L7:25 FTE £26,511 - £29,577 (Actual salary pro rata £24,064 - £26,847)
• Job Role Full time 37 hours per week - Permanent, Term-time (39 weeks) plus 2 weeks per annum
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Executive Principal and Senior Leadership Team
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• A fantastic academy ethos where children, staff and parents/carers are highly supportive.
• An established commitment to a broad and creative curriculum
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Closing Date: midnight, Sunday 17th January 2021
Interviews: w/c 25th January 2021
The Chalk Hills Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years