For January 2022, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of School – Primary Phase to lead and establish the opening of the first primary cohort at Avanti Fields School. The successful candidate will work in close partnership with the Principal and Senior Leadership Team to embed the school’s vision and establish the new Primary phase of the school, due to open August 2022.
Avanti Fields School is a new all-through school, which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding, and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it welcomes the first children in the EYFS cohort.
The post is suitable for an experienced and inspirational leader who can demonstrate outstanding skills, knowledge and a track record of success to build on the school's successes. The successful candidate will bring fresh approaches and ideas to develop the school further and support our primary pupils in becoming “the best version of themselves”.
• You will have leadership qualities to challenge, inspire, motivate and empower others.
• Have the ability to drive excellence by valuing and developing others, you will be a qualified teacher with extensive experience of both hands-on teaching and management in education.
• Have the knowledge and experience to design and deliver a rich, engaging, and varied curriculum that meets children’s needs in an ever-changing world.
• Be an excellent and flexible communicator, developing strong relationships with children, staff, parents, and a range of stakeholders within and beyond the school.
• A strong ambassador for the school, you will be able to develop new ways to engage pupils, staff, and parents. Your strong motivation and communication skills will also enable you to create a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment within the classroom.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of learning, teaching and assessment and show great enthusiasm for ensuring all our children achieve their true potential.
• Behave as a role model, leading by example, creating a motivated team who share best practice and take a full part in the school’s progression.
• Have a well-developed working knowledge of SEND policy, provision and challenges.
• The opportunity to lead and establish the exciting new phase of our all through school whilst working as part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive senior team.
• A welcoming, supportive, and friendly learning environment with highly motivated, happy children who are positive learners, take pride in their school and feel valued, listened to and safe.
• A dedicated and talented team of staff who provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
• A highly committed and engaged School Stakeholder Committee, staff, and parent community who are all strongly focused on the success of our school
• An ethos of valuing and caring for all members of our school community.
• A commitment to continuous improvement and your professional development.
The staff team at Avanti Fields School is passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
As a genuine all-through school, we are in the position to make a long term, lasting and positive impact on our students’ lives. The behaviour of learners in our schools is excellent and our parents, carers and students are highly aspirational.
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through coaching and time allocated to professional development, we support our teachers to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas to lead by example and act as a strong role model to both staff and students. The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative and resilient leader, possessing both the skills and experiences to deliver high quality performance in their team and the drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached for all.
Avanti Fields is a Hindu-designated faith school, part of the growing family of Avanti schools. However, staff and students at Avanti Fields School do not originate from any specific faith background. Applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none; they will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
Applying and Safer recruitment:
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will also be completed.
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to Avanti Schools Trust and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
The DEADLINE for applications is Monday, 19th April 2021, 12 noon.
We would be delighted to give you a tour of the school and answer any questions you may have. Please contact Manisha Wadhwana, PA to the Principal to arrange an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org
Avanti Fields School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years