HEAD OF SCHOOL – RAYNER STEPHENS HIGH SCHOOL – Tameside, Greater Manchester
Start: September 2021, Negotiable
Salary: £76,141 - £88,187 (L25-L31) depending upon the applicant’s skills and experience.
Relocation: A generous relocation allowance may be available if appropriate.
Pension: Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Rayner Stephens High School is located on an attractive site in Dukinfield, in the borough of Tameside, Greater Manchester. It lies just off the M67 and M60 with a direct commute from much of the North West, Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale Warrington, Merseyside and the towns and cities of South Lancashire, North Cheshire, and South Yorkshire.
Rayner Stephens has just begun an exciting journey of improvement, with the full support of a new Multi-Academy Trust led by the Outstanding Ashton Sixth Form College. The first signs of improvement are bearing fruit, both in the quality of provision and the development of facilities, with a £1.4m building project due to begin in 2021. Ofsted have acknowledged the capacity for improvement and noted that the culture in school is already changing - with significant improvements to pupils' behaviour. Leadership and Management have been graded 'Good', although the overall inspection judgement, just before lockdown in 2020, was 'Inadequate'.
This is a unique opportunity, and you will find different aspects of this role fulfilling, dependent on your existing skills and achievements. The role would suit:
- A Deputy Head looking for their first Headship.
If you are looking for a school where you can make an impact and quickly improve the lives of children, thrive, succeed, and really make a difference, this is the ideal opportunity.
- OR - A Headteacher of a Studio School or smaller secondary school who wants to take the next step into leadership.
Perhaps you have already shown that you can deliver excellent results? If you are now looking to put what you have learned to a new challenge and a different setting with the support of a truly local Multi-Academy Trust – this is the ideal opportunity.
- OR - A Headteacher, Principal or Head of School looking for a fresh challenge.
Possibly you are already leading a school, and you have met challenges and delivered success? Would you like to be a part of something bigger than a stand-alone Academy, with opportunities to share and grow? Perhaps you want a fresh challenge in a school where your skills and knowledge will make all the difference? Again, this would be the ideal opportunity.
We are looking for an outstanding senior leader with a strong track record of success and the vision and ambition to lead the school under the guidance, assistance and leadership of Melanie Wicks, the Executive Principal (Secondary) for the Stamford Park Trust’s two secondary schools. Whatever your previous experience, the Trust will ensure this post is the right one for you, with real prospects of personal development and job satisfaction. Rayner Stephens is a highly inclusive school and holds the Inclusion Quality Mark ‘Centre of Excellence’ for the level of provision provided. Currently, the school has just over 600 learners on roll which provides the opportunity to create a strong community where all of our students are known as individuals.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills to lead, motivate and further develop a hardworking and talented staff body.
- Have the character and values that align with a school focused both upon inclusivity and striving for much higher achievement and attainment.
- Lead with an inspirational style, developing strong academic, co-curricular and pastoral systems.
- Have the political skills to engage with stakeholders within the wider community and develop the school’s contribution to the Trust, the Borough, and the Region.
- Embrace the opportunity to lead and develop a school, supported by a Trust Board that is on a journey to excellence, striving to raise standards, but also to maintain inclusivity and social mobility.
Stamford Park trust offers a number of benefits for employees including discounted gym membership, free parking, well-being activities, access to an Employee Access Programme and strong investment in personal and professional development through an extensive CPD programme.
The appointment is, of course, subject to satisfactory references and a successful enhanced DBS Disclosure.
ASDTi are available on our behalf on 07736 775776 during evenings and weekends as well and would be pleased to organise a visit to the school for interested candidates, or to discuss remuneration, career, or relocation expectations.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 21st May 2021 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible and interviews will be held the following week, most probably on 26th and 27th May 2021.
Rayner Stephens High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Rayner Stephens High School was opened in 2017 when the school was first acadamised. The school is located in Dukinfield, between Hyde and Stalybridge, just on the south side of the River Tame, in Tameside, Greater Manchester, and serves its local co...