HEAD OF SCHOOL
Grovelands Primary School, Walton on Thames, Surrey
£56,008 – £65,511 a year (depending on experience)
496 children including an on-site nursery, with oversight of two Children’s Centres, one on-site, one in Weybridge.
- Looking for your next career challenge on the way to Headship?
- A dedicated practitioner, passionate about influencing educational best practice with a proven track record?
- An advocate of inclusive, values-driven education, committed to the best possible outcomes for children regardless of their background or ability?
- A strategic leader, able to devise and implement organisational change as well as take on the day-to-day leadership of a school?
- Able to engage, inspire and work within a multidisciplinary team of professionals?
- Looking to take the initiative and develop your talent and expertise alongside an experienced Executive Headteacher, leading a vibrant school with caring staff and wonderful children?
If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher as our Head of School. The successful applicant will join at an exciting point in Grovelands development. Originally an infant school, we are now a two-form entry primary school, with our first year 6 this year. We were awarded Ofsted “good” in July 2017.
Working closely with a local outstanding primary school, Cleves School, Weybridge, we are setting out to build on last year’s success for the longer term. We want to ensure that Grovelands continues to aspire for the best and provides even better educational outcomes for our children. Cleves’ experienced and well-regarded Headteacher will provide part-time Interim Executive Headteacher support to this role. We are therefore looking for someone who would relish the opportunity to drive the strategic and operational leadership of the school on a daily basis, whilst developing their talent and taking full advantage of the opportunity such support can bring. The successful applicant will also demonstrate initiative and creative ideas on how to lead the school to greater achievements.
We offer a comprehensive induction, Inset and CPD programme for our staff and a pension scheme.
Please ensure that you explain clearly in your application how you meet the person specification. CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal chat please contact: Chris Hodges (Interim Executive Head) - email@example.com
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact: Matt Woods (School Business Manager) - firstname.lastname@example.org, 01932 227816 to arrange an appointment.
Further information: www.grovelands.surrey.sch.uk
Closing Date: midday – 23rd February 2018
Applications to be sent to: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 5th March 2018
Start date: 1st September 2018, or sooner
Grovelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references will be required prior to commencement of this post.
The School aims to select staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, age or other protected characteristics.