Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Science on a full-time basis from September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a co-educational, independent school for children aged 2-16, situated in Slough, Berkshire. The school was founded in 1940 and after a series of developments over the decades was bought by the largest independent schools business in the UK, in 2004. There are longer term career opportunities that exist in a company where their colleagues share ideas and practices from around the world. It is an international family of over 70 schools in the UK, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
If you are passionate about the life chances of young people and possess the expertise required to teach in an environment where children of mixed abilities excel, then this could be the role for you. Consistent with their traditional values, classes are small, behavioural standards are exceptional, and pastoral care is second to none. They are very focused on high quality teaching and learning and expect all pupils to make exceptional progress.
“The quality of teaching and assessment is outstanding. Teaching is of consistently high quality. The high expectations that staff have of pupils along with the high expectations that pupils have of themselves create a thirst for learning that permeates all aspects of the school's work." - SIS, 2015
Science is valued highly at the school, and the post holder will be committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for the subject. The successful candidate will be able to teach Science to pupils of all abilities across Key Stages 3 to 4, bring enthusiasm, meticulous standards and a commitment to achieving the highest levels of academic success. There are approximately 96 Year 7-11 pupils on roll.
Some Key Accountabilities:
- Teach and model the delivery of engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
- Implement the school’s approach to marking and feedback to inform planning, develop learning and evaluate pupils’ progress
- Lead curriculum development and assessment ensuring that courses provide a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum
- Ensure that the science curriculum is fully mapped with detailed schemes of work, lesson resources and differentiated materials available for all colleagues
- Ensure that the curriculum is constantly reviewed to reflect changes in national policy and exam board specifications
- Monitor and evaluate the teaching of subjects within the department and use this analysis to identify effective practice and areas for development and take action to further improve the quality of teaching and learning
The Successful Candidate:
- Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner who can ensure good progress for all
- Inspire pupils to succeed in Science
- Have in depth subject knowledge and be able to teach Biology, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have a positive attitude and approach to change and development
- Supportive colleagues and community
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils that are taught in small class sizes
- Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider group
- Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher Pension Scheme
- Fee remission for children
- Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! Please note if you are shortlisted for interview you may be asked to complete the schools application form. For more information please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...