Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Head of Science to join a well-established independent prep school in Hampstead, North London. The four-form entry school is positioned across two sites, with a pre-preparatory division of lower and upper school. The successful Head of Science’s role will include co-ordinating and managing the science curriculum throughout the school and teaching KS2/KS3 classes.
About the Role
· Head of Science
· Leading the science curriculum throughout the school
· Permanent post
· September 2018 start
· Up to £46,000 depending on qualifications and experience
About the School
· Independent preparatory school catering for children aged 3-14 years
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by ISI
· Strong community atmosphere
· Extremely supportive staff
· Impressive facilities located over two sites
· Well-equipped outdoor play area and sports facilities
· Specialist teachers for PE, art, music and languages
· Located within a charming area of Hampstead, the school is easily accessible by the Northern line and overground
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Science will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Hold a PGCE/B Ed or equivalent qualification with a Science specialism
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Overseas teachers are welcome to apply
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMAH5624.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.