Head of Faculty - Science
Oasis Academy Coulsdon
M1-6 U1-3 as appropriate, Outer London Allowance
TLR 1c (Subject to Experience)
An excellent opportunity to join a flourishing Science department that consistently secures results well above national average. The Academy is rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted and celebrated its best ever results over the last two years – 67% of Students achieving 5 or more GCSEs including English and Mathematics.
We are currently seeking a Teacher of Science to join us in September 2019.
Mission Statement – Excellence through Rigour, Resilience and Passion.
Why work for Oasis Academy Coulsdon?
• Outstanding Facilities in a rebuilt and refurbished Academy Site (Opened 2011)
• Oversubscribed and the School of choice for Local Families
• Distinctive ‘Family’ Ethos where Students are challenged, loved and expected to achieve Excellence
• Commitment to on-going professional development ensuring all Staff are given opportunities to flourish and grow
• Excellent induction for new Staff, and Staff new to the profession
• Record breaking results for the last two years
• Innovative and forward thinking Leadership team
• On site nursery with subsidised places for Academy Staff
• Relocation Packages considered
• Truly comprehensive and inclusive Academy – committed to transforming the life chances of all its students, regardless of background.
• On-site Enhanced Learning Provision giving Staff the opportunity to work with Students on the Autistic Spectrum
• Part of the Oasis Multi-Academy – a global charity committed to Education, health and well-being of many thousands of people (see http://www.oasisuk.org/ for more details on their Amazing Journey)
“The curriculum is good and its focus on developing Students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding is excellent.” Ofsted March 2015
We are looking for ambitious and dedicated Teachers who share our Vision:
Oasis Academy Coulsdon is a family dedicated to every Student and the Community. Students will achieve Excellence and a love of learning through developing Rigour, Resilience and Passion.
The Academy welcomes Applications from experienced Staff as well as those newer to the profession – whatever your background or experience, we are committed to developing you and ensuring you remain professionally stimulated with real job satisfaction and support. To Find out more about the Academy please contact us and arrange a visit. Take a virtual tour or complete the attached Application Form – all available at www.oasisacademycoulsdon.org
“The Academy is an inclusive community where everyone is considered important. Good Relations are fostered and discrimination is not tolerated. All, including Parents, are aiming for the same thing; a strong community that promotes tolerance, understanding, trust and respect for difference. Community cohesion is exemplary” Ofsted 2015
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2019
Completed applications should be submitted to Hannah Suleyman, Oasis Academy Coulsdon, Homefield Road, Old Coulsdon, Surrey CR5 1ES.
Tel: 01737 551 161 Email: email@example.com
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities