Smart Teachers is seeking a Head of Science to join a popular and successful independent school in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham. The successful Head of Science will need to have experience teaching general science within primary or secondary classrooms as the role involves teaching as well as managing the department. This is a full time permanent contract from April 2018.
About the Role
· Head of Science
· Teaching Years 2 to 6
· Open to secondary teachers looking to make the move into a primary role
· Full Time from April 2018 start
· Salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
· Independent school catering for children aged 4 – 11
· Rated as ‘Excellent’
· Ethos is to help and motivate children to achieve the best they can
· Broad curriculum catering for all children’s needs
· Excellent reputation within the community and very popular with parents
· Strong supportive leadership team
· Located in Zone 3. Onsite parking is also available for staff
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Science will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Experience teaching science and managing a science department is essential
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number CXQ32180.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.