Head of Science
Dates: Apply by 12 pm on Wednesday 1st November 2017
Salary: L7 to L11
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent / January 2018
Do you have the talent and ambition to make a difference to our school?
You will be leading an energetic and dedicated team of teachers working to provide an excellent education to a group of diverse and rewarding young people.
Heartlands High School is a mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community. Our recent Ofsted quoted..’ Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress…’ (Ofsted 2016)
Our Subject Leader will be asked to:
· Lead subject area and the development of excellent schemes of work and SEARCH days, providing engaging learning for all our students.
· Manage and develop a team ensuring excellent standards of learning and teaching
· Make positive contributions to the strategic direction of the subject within the framework of the school Strategic Plan
· Innovate, embed and sustain outstanding practice in this exciting school
· Have a record of raising attainment in their subject area
· Be an excellent curriculum innovator
· Be an excellent teacher able to model good practice
· Be energetic, committed, innovative and adaptable
Please contact HR on 0208 826 1230 or send an email to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Closing date by 12 pm on Thursday 26th October 2017.
Interview will take place on Monday 30th October 2017
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Heartlands High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.