The Head of Science will report to the Executive Principal.
The post-holder will lead a team of specialist subject teachers, which is expected to grow in size considerably as student numbers increase. He/she will be responsible for the development of that subject at all levels throughout the School. He/she needs to possess good organisational skills and also be an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative teacher who can lead by example, who is committed to flexible and varied styles of teaching and is in sympathy with the aims and objectives of the School.
• a high quality degree with Science as the sole or significant focus;
• a formal teaching qualification may be an advantage;
• an interest in further training and development.
Skills and Experience:
• the capability of teaching Science expertly and confidently to all age groups 11-18 (Chinese Grades 6 to 12), being up-to-date in his/her subject;
• a willingness to accommodate the needs of students whose first language is not English is essential;
• confidence in ICT and good ICT skills, being able to pick up new procedures and routines quickly; particularly in respect of the SchoolPal system, also used as our VLE;
• effective and efficient administrative skills;
• the ability to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the School is highly desirable;
• a willingness to support the Admissions and Marketing teams is essential;
• relevant experience in teaching, examining or in the commercial sector will be taken into account.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include academic management and teaching.
For more detail information of the Job Description and Person Specification of the role, please kindly find the attached JD - Head of Science.
The 2021-2022 academic year school calendar is still in process. The 2020-2021 academic year school calendar is attached for your reference.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
- References, Criminal background check, Medical check
- Over 24 and below 60 years of age
Shanghai Concord Bilingual School
No.53, Runan Street, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Shanghai Concord Bilingual School (SCBS) is unique in being the only bilingual school in the prestigious HuangPu District, right in the very heart of Shanghai. Our students, parents and staff choose the school not only for its convenient location but...