- “Coombe Girls’ School is an outstanding school’, Ofsted May 2013
- Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
- Ranked 13th in The Telegraph’s top non selective state schools in the country
- Total number on roll : 1,380 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 264
- A Teaching School and leader of Kingston Teaching Alliance, High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
- Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; the school’s Progress 8 score was +0.69 and 40% of GCSE entries were graded 7 to 9 last year
- Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
- Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of The Coombe Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and well-qualified teacher to the position of Head of Science to join our forward thinking and high achieving science team which consists of 13 teaching staff. All sciences are very popular options at Post-16. The successful candidate must be able to teach Biology, Chemistry or Physics to KS5 level.
The Head of Department is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Science Department on a day to day basis and have overall responsibility for Teaching and Learning and Achievement and Attainment within the Department.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity in an outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan which is tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study
- Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership
- Supportive and creative Senior Leadership Team with opportunities for collaboration across the Trust
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly effective teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for their subject which is evident in their day to day teaching
- be able to lead a team of staff
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school
If you would like to visit the school or discuss the post in more detail, please contact Mrs L Kidd, PA to the headteacher on 020 89421242.
For details and an application form visit our website www.coombegirlsschool.org
Completed application forms should be returned to: email@example.com
We retain the right to close this post early should the right candidate be found so please apply early.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
‘This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’