An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, innovative and forward thinking Science specialist to join our thriving school and play a pivotal role in shaping the school’s Science curriculum, leading and managing the Science department effectively. The School has an excellent reputation for preparing pupils for scholarship and Common Entrance examinations, feeding into the local leading senior schools.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner as a Head of Science to start September 2018.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to teach up to Common Entrance and Scholarship level;
- take a lead role, developing and leading an exciting Science curriculum which enables the highest level of pupil progress and attainment;
- have oversight of Science teaching throughout the school;
- possess a clear understanding of the current curriculum, assessment and pedagogical developments relating to Science at all Key Stages;
- have exceptional subject knowledge;
- be a Form Tutor;
- be expected to play a full part in the extra-curricular activities of this forward thinking school
Further details and an application form can be obtained at the School’s website: www.greatwalstead.co.uk/staff-vacancies
Accommodation may be available.
Closing date for applications is noon, 22nd January 2018
Interviews will be held on 30th January 2018
Great Walstead School, Lindfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 2QL
Telephone 01444 483528
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
Registered Charity No 307002