Following the appointment of the incumbent to senior leadership, we require a passionate and highly motivated Head of Science who will join us with the responsibility for students aged 11-18 and leading a successful team.
Being core to the curriculum at GCSE (AQA), Science is a very popular subject at A level (AQA / OCR) with some 50 Sixth Form students – many of whom study multiple Sciences. Our modern Academy building has 11 dedicated science labs, a seminar room, and support from two Science technicians.
The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to teach inspirational lessons within this highly able and enthusiastic department is essential. This post includes membership of the Extended Leadership Team, presenting excellent opportunities for development and future promotion.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in an Academy which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards for yourself, your team, and your students, please contact us.
The King's Academy, Middlesbrough (by North York Moors National Park and commutable from York, Newcastle, Durham, Ripon, Richmond, Thirsk)
- Distinct Christian ethos, with highly diverse intake
- Strong track record of students’ achievement at all stages
- ‘Basics’ outcomes up by 25 percentage points over two years
- A level value-added in top 2% nationally; excellent results for Sciences
- Excellent student behaviour throughout the Academy
- Focus on ‘character first’ education
- Large and expanding Sixth Form; intake up by 25% for 2017
- Unique inclusion policy: specialist provision (c.10% of entry) for visual and hearing impairment and higher learning needs
- Superb opportunities for CPD and rapid career progression
For an application pack and further information, please visit http://www.thekingsacademy.org.uk/recruitment
For direct contact, and to arrange an informal visit, please call Mrs Jodie Wood on 01642 577577 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 19 February 2018
Interview date: Thursday, 22 February 2018
Enhanced pre-employment safeguarding checks apply.