Full Time Permanent – required from September 2019
Are you an outstanding Head of Science or have the potential to become one? Are you an excellent science practitioner? Do you thrive on success? Do you want to join an inspirational team and lead the Science department to continued success?
The Kingsway School is a large successful 11-16 comprehensive school, located in between the popular Cheadle and Gatley areas of Stockport, which was judged to be a GOOD school by Ofsted in January 2019.
Our students and staff are committed to our ethos of Opportunity, Achievement and Respect.
Do you have the same drive and ambition to join our dedicated, hard-working team of professionals?
Due to the successful external appointment of the Head of Science to Assistant Headteacher; and the relocation and promotion of our Acting Head of Science to a permanent Head of Science position, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Science to contribute towards our continual development and improvement. You will need to be:
• An excellent leader, willing to work hard and have a dynamic, innovative and creative approach to learning
• Have the highest expectations of academic achievement and student conduct
• Inspire students to embrace opportunity, exceed potential and welcome challenge
In return we can offer you:
• A fantastic department of 14 staff who are friendly and ambitious
• Specialist laboratories and equipment
• A team of lab technicians to support across the department
• A school and pupils who are deeply committed to the wider contribution of STEM across the school
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 22nd May 2019 at 1.00 pm
Interviews: Friday 24 May 2019
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment and adhere to these expectations. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants, along with satisfactory references. Full Policy available on our website.