We are looking for an enthusiastic, engaging and creative Head of Science. You will have experience in teaching students of all abilities to reach their academic potential. You will have the knowledge, skills and personal qualities to successfully help lead a department of dedicated professionals.
As Head of Department, we would ask you to use your subject expertise and passion for teaching to support teachers in the departments to ensure the curriculum, assessment and teaching is the very best it can be.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent teaching skills
• Self motivation and potential
• High level organisational and ICT skills
• Effective communication skills, with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
The ability to teach A Level is highly desirable. The suitable candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to the academic, spiritual, moral and cultural well-being of young people and will support an already successful department along the next stage of its development. In addition, the post will provide an excellent opportunity for professional development.
About the school:
· Thomas Bennett Community College is a welcoming school community, with the highest expectations
· We are ideally located for commuters, situated 30 minutes from Brighton and London
· We have an impressive, modern school site with outstanding facilities across all subject areas
· We joined the Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) on the 1st September 2012, and are part of a group of 7 TKAT academies in Crawley
· Through our focused and bespoke training, staff are equipped with the skills to engage learners through the delivery of high quality lessons
· Teachers all receive a laptop for their own use
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a fast paced team that has a proven track record in effecting change and is focused on continual school improvement.
We share the belief that no-one should receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of: race, gender, disability, sexuality, age, income, religion, colour, marital status or ethnic or national origin. We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students. The successful applicant to this post will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.