Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking to appoint a Head of Secondary for August 2020.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for leading, inspiring, implementing and developing the secondary life of the school. We look forward to welcoming an exceptional candidate with energy, warmth and vision to join our team.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to effectively develop Al Rabeeh Academy's pastoral system.
Successful candidates will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff, parents and outside agencies.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, hold a Bachelor's degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification and have a minimum of 6 years’ leadership experience of teaching in schools that follow the National Curriculum of England.
• To be an experienced secondary school head or deputy
• To have relevant experience as part of the school’s leadership team
• To contribute to the school’s strategic development and annual development plans
• To have sound knowledge and practice of the National Curriculum for England, curriculum development and current educational thinking
• To have experience of GCSE (ideally IGCSE)
• To possess excellent knowledge and experience of assessment and tracking to inform student progress, including the use of standardised tests to impact on learning.
• To lead and support the school’s performance management system
• To have a good understanding of data management systems
• To be able to manage a budget effectively
• To be able to coach and mentor staff
• To be able to lead and motivate a team effectively
• To contribute to the wider school community
• To possess excellent communication and people skills
• To be able to liaise with parents effectively
• An understanding of the ADEK policies and procedures around welfare, behaviour and safeguarding is desirable
• Experience of working with EAL students is essential
Experience of current UK initiatives and developments in safeguarding, child protection and welfare is essential
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Applicants must possess a passport from an English speaking country
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or via Skype with the Principal, Ms Barbara Lubaczewska.
Start date for this position will be Aug 2020.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students will be explored at interview.