NCBIS, a not-for-profit NGO, is a leading British International School in Cairo and was the first in Cairo to gain full accreditation from the Council of International Schools (CIS). NCBIS is an IB World School, an Executive Member of COBIS and a member of BSME. It was inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in 2012 and another inspection will take place in 2018.
Currently there are over 60 nationalities at NCBIS, with English the teaching and playground language, and by statute, they must maintain an overall ratio of 62% expatriate children to 38% dual national students or foreign passport holders, unlike most schools in Cairo. This sets them aside as a truly international school and provides a wonderful opportunity for international mindedness within the classroom.
Founded in 1978 for the purpose of educating English speaking foreigners, NCBIS has grown in size and changed site but remains proud of its sense of community. While the present school site can accommodate more students, the Board of Directors made a strategic decision to limit the school enrolment to 815 students in order to maintain a safe and spacious school environment.
To provide inspirational leadership to the Secondary School to secure continuous school improvement in line with the School Strategic Development Plan (SDP).
Key aspects of the role
In line with ‘The National Standards of Excellence for Headteachers’ (Department for Education 2015) the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have a positive impact on the quality of teaching and students’ achievements.
- Lead by example.
- Secure a climate for the exemplary behaviour of pupils.
- Set standards and expectations for high academic standards.
- Encourage a climate which recognises differences and respects cultural diversity contributing to greater Global Understanding.
- Deploy staff and resources effectively and efficiently
- Proven successful experience in Senior Leadership and school improvement.
- An understanding of excellence in education
- Inspection/accreditation experience.
- The ability to work strategically
- Knowledge and experience of the English National Curriculum, GCSE/IGCSE nd post-16 programmes.
- An understanding of excellence in pastoral care, including a thorough knowledge of safeguarding and student welfare.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of IT.
- Experience of managing a whole school budget.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification e.g. NPQH, a Masters degree in Education.
- Experience of the IB Diploma programme.
- Ability to market/promote the Secondary school in the wider community
APPLYING FOR THIS POST
Closing date Friday 9th February.
Final interviews in Cairo: Wednesday 28th Feb and Thursday 1st March.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this post or the school, please contact Liz Gibb on email@example.com.
If you are keen to apply for the post:
- Visit the LSC Education website at www.lsceducation.com.
- Click in the Vacancies section.
- Click into the posting relevant to this job.
- At the bottom of the page click on ‘Apply Now’
- Complete the brief Job Application Form and attach your CV (with contact details of Referees) and Letter of Application
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- We will be in contact with you shortly after your application has been reviewed.
- If you encounter any problems with this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.