Norwegian International School in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, have asked Teacherhorizons to lead the search for an inspirational Head of Secondary to join their prestigious international school.
Teacherhorizons connects educators with opportunities at top international schools. We are looking for an experienced Head of Secondary to join the leadership team at Norwegian International School (NIS) in August 2018. This position offers a generous package that will allow the right candidate to live comfortably and save as well. It also includes housing, return flights, healthcare, paid education for dependent children and a baggage allowance.
The Head of Secondary serves as the educational leader responsible for the secondary school and serves as a role model for both teachers and students. As well as helping manage the secondary school , recruiting and retaining staff and ensuring all aspects of the college efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis, the role involves various other key areas
- Oversee the development, duties and roles of staff and students in the secondary school and boarding house.
- Actively drive the growth of student numbers in the secondary school
- Establish structures for student welfare and acceptable behaviour in the secondary school.
- Teach classes as negotiated with the head of school.
- Provide careers, options and university advice to students as required.
- Develop and oversee assessment in the secondary school in line with Cambridge
- Assessment International Education (CAIE) requirements
- Display the highest ethical and professional behaviour and standards when working with students, parents, and school personnel
- Develop policies to guide the effective administration of the secondary school and boarding house and get appropriate board approval
- Register students for Cambridge IGCSE examinations.
NIS was established in 1983 and has sustained the mission to provide a dynamic, international learning environment to pupils aged 2 to 16 years old. It offers pupils a rich and rigorous education, based on the English National Curriculum. The school has a team of highly educated, graduate teaching staff, many of whom have been with the school for 15 years and is committed to supporting every pupil in the most appropriate way. Click here for more details about the school
Nigeria has a tough reputation in the outside world. Conventional wisdom focuses on the grave crime statistics, the high incidence of fraud and the sometimes fraught diplomatic relations with other countries. However, many regard Nigeria as a well kept secret and it is certainly not unusual for expatriate families in all industries to request extensions to their assignments. This position will provide an exciting professional challenge and unique living experience.
How to apply
All candidates must be fully qualified teachers with leadership experience, see description above.
Just two simple steps...
- Sign up to www.teacherhorizons.com - it takes 2 minutes to add your key details and CV. Once you have completed this step you are able to access more information about the school and benefits package on offer.
- Email John Regan - email@example.com to confirm your application.
The application deadline is 15th June 2018 but early applications are strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment - we will be shortlisting and interviewing on an ongoing basis.