King's College , The British School of Panama, is seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and ambitious Head of Secondary for April or September 2020.
King’s Group is an international education organisation. We own and operate a network of British international schools and UK Academies, and complement this with services providing children’s Academic Year Abroad programmes and Summer Courses, Adult Training and Catering Services.
Our school network is one of the most established in the world and currently covers the UK, Europe and Latin America. In recognition of its success the UK Government also awarded us Multi-Academy Trust sponsorship status allowing us to manage state schools in England. With more than 50 years’ experience, King’s Group has nearly 1000 employees across the globe, educating more than 5,500 students at any one time.
We are determined to make a positive difference to the future of our pupils and their families, and the careers of our staff, as well as contributing to the wider community. The school educates pupils from Nursery to Year 13 (Age 18).
The curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum and enables pupils to study a wide range of subjects. These studies culminate in students undertaking IGCSE and A Level examinations. Students from King's College Schools regularly leave us to enter the best universities in the world.
We are currently seeking to appoint an inspiring candidate for our King’s School in the city of Panama who demonstrates:
- A drive to transform education for the betterment of young people
- Dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational leadership
- Excellent working knowledge of the English national curriculum
- A track record of success as a senior leader in a Secondary school
- The ability to plan strategically and effectively manage change
- Being a strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
Why come to Panama?
The school is located in an idyllic setting, surrounded by the Panamanian rainforest in the area of Clayton and is approximately 6km from the city centre.
Panama City is a city of easy cosmopolitan living, a combination of the historic and the ultra-modern. It is also one of the safest cities in Central America. The local dialect is Spanish.
Timeline of application and employment
- All applications must be completed with the King’s Application Form (in-line with Safer Recruitment Policy).
- References will be called before interview.
To find out more about King’s Group, visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process and other relevant police checks.