Head of Secondary PE
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking a Head of Secondary PE to lead an outstanding department which is rapidly gaining a reputation for excellence across the UAE. Experience leading teachers of GCSE and A-Level PE is essential.
The department is superbly resourced, with extensive facilities to support a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities. Sport is a major part of students' lives at Kings’ and the successful candidate will be expected to devote time both before and after school, as well as weekends, to running clubs and competitive teams. As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational leader to join a highly innovative environment.
The successful candidate will report to a member of the Senior Leadership Team and work with other department heads, to ensure that provision is consistent with whole school educational policies and practice and within the ethos and expectations of Kings’ schools.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- A high quality degree at 2:1 or above with Physical Education, Outdoor Education or Sports Science as the sole or significant focus
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Minimum of 5 years experiences at Secondary level
- Proven track record of leading in a school environment
- Experience in delivery of A-Level and GCSE PE
- A deep and passionate commitment to the values and ethos of Kings’ Education
- A proven passion for sport and physical education, backed up by previous roles and responsibilities
- The ability to motivate, enthuse and engage with children and adults
- Energy, vigour, perseverance, stamina and resilience
- A demonstrable commitment to a robust culture of high expectations and quality care
- The ability to challenge and improve performance
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences including students, parents, teachers and associate staff
- Excellent professional knowledge and understanding developed in an established educational context
- Current educational trends and issues, including local and national policies, priorities and legislation, underpinning school effectiveness
- Assessment strategies and the use of assessment to inform progress in teaching and learning
- An understanding of the practical application of key strands of Kings’ Education vision for the school, such as communication, innovation, STEAM, new technologies and Growth Mindset
- Outstanding classroom practitioner who can lead by example
- Ability to manage change and work under pressure of changing circumstances
- An exceptional, collaborative, inspirational practitioner with proven ability to build positive working relationships
- The ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Experience as a subject teacher/head of department in a secondary setting as appropriate
- A track record of success in raising achievement and bringing about improvement
- Experience of working in a high performing department/school.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 15th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years