The Newton Group was established in 2006. All schools deliver the National Curriculum and are staffed by fluent English speaking teachers who provide a caring educational environment for both Qatari and international pupils who come from a wide range of backgrounds.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and experienced Head of Secondary. The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader and teacher.
They will be an energetic and dedicated practitioner who will :
- provide leadership in curriculum planning, development, monitoring, evaluation and assessment.
- create conditions which ensure that the school is focused on effective teaching and learning according to the standards, principles and practices of the National Curriculum.
- promote the development of high academic achievement, through data analysis and early interventions to support students’ learning.
- provide leadership in the development and implementation of academic policies and practices that are consistent with the school’s academic goals and values.
- promote a culture of life-long learning among staff and students.
- encourage strong student and staff relations.
Applicants should hold a relevant degree and teaching qualification and have experience of the National Curriculum for England whether that be in the UK or in an international setting. They should have a good record of successful leadership with a proven track record in raising standards of achievement
The specific responsibilities of the position will be discussed in the interview, but will fall within the fields of learning, teaching, curriculum, monitoring and evaluation. If you can demonstrate that you have all of the qualities listed above, we would love to hear from you.
Send us your CV which must include : your contact details, a letter of application/personal statement explaining your suitability for the position of Head of Secondary; the email addresses for three professional referees and a recent professional photograph.
Only applications that contain the above details will be considered.
For more information about The Newton Group, please visit our website : www.newtonschools.sch.qa
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place via Skype / Zoom.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Newton British Academy Barwa City
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age Up to 18 years
The Newton Group was established in 2006. It is now the leading group of private schools in Qatar, comprising of 9 international schools that offer the British curriculum.
An international community of learners striving for excel...