BSM will appoint for August 2020 an exceptional Head of Secondary School to work as a key contributing partner in a dynamic and strong Leadership Team to significantly develop and advance the programmes and standing of our school. The successful candidate will be a compelling and experienced educational leader to build on the solid foundations of an inspiring Secondary School through its next exciting phase.
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Fixed-term
The successful candidate will have the following executive responsibilities:
- Distributed leadership with the Secondary Leadership and Executive Leadership Teams.
- Strategic planning.
- Leading and developing vision-aligned values and understanding.
- Understanding and leading change processes.
- Curriculum development.
- Sharing responsibility for planning and coordinating initiatives within the whole school.
- Developing and leading high levels of collaborative performance.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate abilities in:
- Motivational and collaborative leadership.
- Managing Secondary School operations in in an international school environment that are mission-driven and vision-led.
- Modeling and conveying core values and traditions.
- Engaging and developing collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Designing strategic processes for growth and development.
- Selection, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Engaging effective appraisal processes and structures.
The successful candidate must show a depth of knowledge and experience in, amongst others, the following key areas:
- Extensive teaching experience in international school environments.
- Established network links with:
- International school communities across the globe
- International professional educational bodies and associations
- International higher education providers
- Knowledge and experience in leading school appraisals and accreditations with international bodies such as CIS, CIS, FOBISIA, COBIS and WASC.
- Experience in IBDP and CAIE and/or other international academic programmes.
- Experience in developing strategies for higher education placements and scholarships.
- Innovative strategic curriculum development.
- Leading relevant CPD for teaching and leadership development and mentoring.
- Sound budgeting experience.
- Strategies for enhancing the teaching and learning environment for optimal academic performance.
- And... a sense of humour
We can offer:
- Highly motivated, engaged and enthusiastic students
- A school with a real sense of community
- A school that is focused on learning
- An inclusive team of motivated and dedicated teachers and support staff
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- And, it's more fun in the Philippines (https://itsmorefuninthephilippines.co.uk/)
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to:
Please refer to www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: 13 December 2019
Interviews will be held during December 2019 and January 2020