GEMS International School, Dubai
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS International School, Dubai Hills, opened in September, 2013, as a premier school offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme.
With a strong multicultural student body and faculty of over 93 nationalities, we educate our students on the importance of acceptance, respect, appreciation and understanding. Through developing these core personal and social skills, and maintaining the GEMS Education ethos of learning, ambition and philanthropy, our students become true global citizens.
Our community is known for its warmth and inclusivity, with student leadership and responsibility (at all ages) highly valued. Our school is committed to digital citizenship. Our Bring Your Own Device program and dedicated Digital Learning Coaches enable students to discover ways that technology can assist and enhance their learning. Our students are not the only learners: our faculty is dedicated to self-improvement and sharing best practice through the highest levels of professional development.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint an experienced Head of Secondary School from September 2021. The successful candidate will play a major role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the Principal/ CEO in leading the whole school; strategically, operationally and financially.
The Head of Secondary will provide visionary leadership and will demonstrate exemplary management skills in the assistance of recruitment and development of faculty, the quality assurance of all teaching and learning, and the provision of effective communication with all the school’s stakeholders, as well as ensuring the social wellbeing and academic growth of all children. Student leadership opportunities are exemplary at GIS and will be developed further by the Head of Secondary. The educational journey of students through both school divisions within GIS is crucial and therefore the Head of Secondary will focus on a smooth transition by working on vertical alignment with the Head of Primary.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective, dynamic and visible leader with a proven track record in school improvement; moreover, possessing gravitas and presence within a school community.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff, promoting and developing approaches to learning.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of the IB curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a consistently outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Create a learning environment which promotes a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning.
- Have a proven track record of raising standards for learners of all abilities including those with complex needs.
- Have effective organisational, managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to promote new initiatives and positive relationships throughout the school community.
- Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Working with GEMS offers you a unique opportunity to enhance and progress your career in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
Please note, initial telephone screens and first stage interviews will be conducted early January 2021.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
GEMS International School - Al Khail
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 15 years
Situated in Dubai, GEMS International School – Al Khail is an independent, all-through, mainstream school. It educates boys and girls over the age of three. The educational establishment was founded in September 2013 as a premier school. It teaches s...