An inspiring initiative by one of the most prominent UAE families Al Ghurair, Dar Al Marefa School is a top-ranked and widely recognized bilingual International Baccalaureate® school in Dubai, with a broader academic vision – to make a significant contribution to the next generation of the UAE by partnering with parents, friends and the local community.
Dar Al Marefa is an IB World School offering a bilingual education in English and Arabic. Our curriculum reflects our respect for local and regional cultures while preparing our students for an increasingly complex and interconnected world. Our teaching staff from 17 different nationalities provide a world-class education to our student body from over 35 countries. The school has relocated to an innovative new campus in Al Khawaneej with high end facilities, led by an inspirational leadership team.
Due to our continuous growth, we welcome new members of staff to join our wonderful team of international educators every year. With a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire student inquiry and engagement, we are seeking applications from educators with the ability to differentiate learning and to demonstrate a deep commitment to educating the child in a holistic manner.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Head of Secondary from August 2021. The successful candidate will play a major role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the Principal in leading the whole school; strategically, operationally and financially. The Head of Secondary will provide visionary leadership and will demonstrate exemplary management skills in the assistance of recruitment and development of faculty, the implementation of a superior curriculum and the provision of effective communication with all the school’s stakeholders, as well as ensuring the social wellbeing and academic growth of all children.
• An effective and dynamic leader (Current Head/ Assistant Head/ Exceptional Deputy) with a proven track record in school improvement; moreover, possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
• Worked previously in outstanding or very good school with a proven track record having a solid understanding of School Inspection framework in UAE.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff, promoting and developing approaches to learning.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of delivery at MYP/DP
The Successful Candidate:
• Be a consistently outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Create a learning environment which promotes a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning.
• Have a proven track record of raising standards for learners of all abilities including those with complex needs.
• Have effective organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to promote new initiatives and positive relationships throughout the school community.
• Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education
Master’s Degree, preferably in Education
Minimum five years of experience, preferably in an IB context
The successful candidate will have clear communication skills both verbal & written and exceptional organizational skills. Refined interpersonal skills and experience of leading a large and high performing team are also vital. If you are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the best out of each and every one of our students, then we would very much welcome your application.
High level of IT Skills;
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with students, parent and peers;
Be willing to engage in extra-curricular activities;
Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the School.
Living in Dubai:
As one of the world’s most dynamic cities and an international hub, Dubai is a major player in the international teaching market offering first-class education. Dar al Marefa seek diversity and inspiring academics who have the same family values as we do.
We provide a generous package which includes; a tax-free salary, residence visa, private medical insurance, an annual flight allowance home and tuition fee concessions. We can help you with the stress of relocation and can provide you high quality company accommodation.
To apply, please complete and submit your TES application form and send your CV to email@example.com
All appointments are subject to interview, successful references and background checks, visa and work permit approval as per UAE Labour law and KHDA approval.
Dar Al Marefa Private School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
An inspiring educational initiative by one of the most prominent UAE families Al Ghurair, Dar Al Marefa School is a top-ranked and widely recognised bilingual International Baccalaureate® school in Dubai, with an ambitious and innovative vision – to ...