Head of Secondary
Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic and highly skilled Head of Secondary for August 2018.
Al Rabeeh Academy welcomed its first students in September 2017 and is an all through FS1 to Year 13 International Private School, complete with brand new state of the art facilities.
The Academy offers the National Curriculum for England, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The post holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you should already have senior leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school and be ready to take on the next challenging stage of your career. The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma, personality and educational philosophy to drive standards across the phase and develop close and genuine relationships with staff, students and parents. Candidates should have a genuine commitment to child initiated and active learning, putting children first and ensuring that they are challenged as individuals.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification and have at least 10 years teaching experience in a secondary department, with at least 5 of them in a senior leadership role. Candidates must also have recent experience either in a UK school, or of teaching the English National Curriculum and it is essential you are a fluent English speaker.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Initiative to drive the schools vision, mission and values from a Secondary perspective with constant monitoring and improvement of the curriculum and teaching and learning practice.
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum and current assessment practices in the Secondary phase, with experience of planning and creating examinations/options for GCSE and A-Levels in terms of subject blocks and timetabling.
- Strong emphasis on curriculum development and articulation
- Experience of current UK initiatives and developments
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Support the Director of Schools in the schools self-review, strategic school development planning and quality assurance in line with Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge inspection guidelines.
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, target setting, assessment, recording & reporting
- Lead, deliver and plan the Secondary departments continued professional development program.
- Experience of founding headship (advantageous)
- Experience of senior leadership in a 3-18 school (advantageous)
- Experience of teaching, leadership and management in the Middle East (preferable)
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- High quality furnished accommodation, plus utilities
- Annual return air ticket / allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter which includes an outline of your curricular and leadership strengths and photograph to the Principal and Director of Schools, Ms. Alison Lamb at email@example.com
Please add "Head of Secondary" in the subject area of your email response, along with your full name. Closing date for applications is April 30th 2018, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.