Amity International school, Abu Dhabi is looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated Head of Senior (Secondary) School.
The school currently has 1500 pupils, 200 of which are in the Secondary School. Another 80 are expected in September 2020.
Amity International School is a newly established not-for-profit British Curriculum International School with a renowned reputation for Sport, Music, Arts and Academia. The magnificent 15 acre bay-side campus allows the school to boast unique school facilities within a beautiful setting on the perimeter of the UAE's capital, providing an inspirational working environment where pupils are committed and keen to learn.
The Secondary school was founded two and half years ago and currently runs up to Year 10. Next year, the Year 11 pupils will complete their GCSEs. The new Head of Secondary will be responsible for not only help maintain the broad and challenging Key Stage 3 and 4 curriculum that has been established already, but also help establish an education provision for Key Stage 5 as the students choose their A level and AS options in January 2020. They will also be responsible for continuing to embed a team of skilled teachers and tutors in the provision of an outstanding higher education and career preparation programme for our ambitious and aspirational pupil body.
Benefits for the successful candidate will include:
• A highly competitive salary benchmarked against many of the leading schools globally
• Accommodation or a housing allowance aligned with your personal family circumstances
• Flights for self, spouse and dependents (up to two children)
• Health insurance for self, spouse and up to 3 children
• Free child places for up to two children
• A spacious and modern, innovative teaching and learning environment
• State-of-the-art ICT provision
• Supportive line management and access to generous professional development training
• Opportunities to link with other subject areas in school and other schools internationally
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 4 pages together with a recent photograph. Scans of degree certificates and teaching qualifications would be also gratefully received.
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible.
For queries, contact the HR Department at email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or via Skype.
Start date for this position will be August 2020.
Closing date: 5 April 2020
Amity International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening.