We can offer you a thriving Sixth Form with purpose-built facilities of the highest quality, alongside a friendly and supportive environment. You will lead a team of dedicated and talented staff who are fully committed to providing an outstanding education for our students: this includes four deputy heads of Sixth Form responsible for leadership and guidance, support, additional studies and higher education as well as twelve 6th form tutors. Administrative support is available from the services of a post-16 manager and 6th form admin assistant.
We currently have a total of 360 students with this figure set to grow following continued increases in applications for places: the Sixth form is set to grow further with the development of an additional 6th form campus as part of expansion plans at our sister academy, Cambourne Village College, 8 miles to the west of Comberton. Upon completion in 2024 total 6th form numbers are set to exceed 700 across both campuses.
Sixth Form students at Comberton have the choice of over 30 A- Levels and level 3 BTEC qualifications: recent achievement has been outstanding with 71% of grades at A*-B and 90% at A*-C. Students are highly successful in securing first choice university places, including Oxbridge and Russell Group universities. Our students are also notably successful in gaining places on competitive school leaver programmes and high – quality apprenticeship opportunities.
Fuller job description details are as follows:
- Responsibility of the day-to-day running of the sixth form, academic progress and pastoral welfare of the students.
- Line management of the sixth form leadership team (4 Deputies and the Post-16 Manager)
- Lead the annual student recruitment, admission and induction process.
- Monitor and evaluate students’ progress and develop effective intervention strategies.
- Manage and lead the 6th form management team and 6th form tutor team.
- Represent the 6th form at the Senior Leadership Group and Governors’ meetings.
- Represent the 6th form at all Cambridge Area Partnership Liaison Group events.
- Monitor and develop the 6th form curriculum offer.
- Planning and preparation of prospectus and publicity materials.
- Oversight of taster lessons /taster days
- Chairing the half- termly 6th form Subject Leaders’ meeting
- Analysing 6th form data systems, including L3VA, PANDA and ALPS.
- Open evening preparation and planning along with attendance at Cambridge Area Partnership 16+ evenings to promote CSF.
- Development of effective internal and external recruitment strategies, to include liaison with pre-16 providers.
- Fulfil allocated duties and supervision within the 6th form.
- Take a proportionate share of yr11 guidance interviews and post-16 CAP application interviews.
- Be involved with yr11 into yr12 and yr12 into y13 interviews during August/September.
- Be available to provide student advice, support and guidance as required.
- To take an appropriate share of wider, whole - school Senior Leadership Group responsibilities.
If you are interested in applying for the post please return your completed application to email@example.com or via post.
Should you wish to discuss the post further or arrange a visit please contact Peter Law, Head of School, by email : PLaw@comberton vc.org
Closing date for applications is midday Monday 26th March. Interviews will be held on Thursday 19th April