Who are we looking for?
Due to our head of sixth form having to leave FBS on the grounds of ill health, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding person to be our Head of 6th Form. Someone who is enterprising, resilient, enthusiastic and kind with a real ‘can do’ attitude; someone who will inspire our boys to greatness.
Someone who is able to:
- Take a leading role in establishing a sixth form with high academic credibility
- Ensure systems, staff, expertise and resources are in place to equip and enable boys to make successful applications to Russell Group and Oxbridge Universities
- Have an input in the design of the 6th form facilities at our brand new, state of the art, school building on Fulham Road which opens in September 2020
- Work with the Headmaster and Curriculum Deputy on designing and refining the 6th form curriculum and option blocks
- Have oversight of the boys academic progress in the Sixth Form
- Ensure that all boys maintain the highest standards of behaviour, dress, punctuality and attendance
- Promote a positive culture within the 6th form ensuring that all boys are stretched and challenged, enjoy, value and fully engage with the sixth from curriculum including PHSCE, Sport, Co-Curriculum, Enterprise and the Christian ethos
Why apply to The Fulham Boys School?
- To play an integral in a school determined to be one of the best in this country – state or private
- To work in a school that was the first independent Free School under the new framework to be Judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted with outstanding features.
- To work in a school that has been judged outstanding in all four categories in its SIAMS inspection in November 2017.
- We also have a strong CPD programme and believe in seeking out and providing opportunities to further staff.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to get an annual bonus
- A first class staff benefit package
- 18 extra days school holidays
- Free school lunches every day freshly prepared by our school chef
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great connections to all London tube-lines and overground routes
What is the school like?
The Fulham Boys School is built upon the Christian Faith, geared towards boys and nurtures enterprise – personal, social and business.
We are a strict academic boys’ school that aims to equip our young men to apply for Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities.
We have a truly comprehensive intake which includes boys from very affluent backgrounds rubbing shoulders with boys from economically deprived backgrounds. All meeting the same high standards and learning from one another. Our vision is to be among the very best schools in this country – state or private – and believe we are on course to achieve this in the next ten years. This is confirmed by our long waiting list of boys trying to get into FBS, the Department for Education, our Ofsted report in May 2017, our SIAMS report in November 2017 and local community feedback. We have also featured in the Parliamentary review.
In May 2017, Ofsted commented,
‘The headteacher has created a school which aims to achieve academic and personal excellence for all’
‘Academic progress is strong, boys are on track to achieve well at GCSE’
‘Behaviour in lessons is exemplary…the behaviour of pupils is outstanding…Boys live and breathe good manners and courtesy’
‘Staff are very proud to work at the school and are fully committed to the aspirational ethos. They recognize the strong support from senior leaders in the development of their teaching and in recognition of their personal well-being’
‘Staff engage with ways to improve their practice, there is a culture of collaboration and staff are keen to receive feedback: ‘There is an extensive coaching programme and staff collaborate to share best practice.’
The Department for Education have said,
‘The boys love learning and speak highly of teaching’
‘Morale is high and the school is thriving’
While the Local Community observed,
‘The school has delivered on the big claims they made before the school opened’
Please apply by filling in the school’s application form. If you would like to speak to our Headmaster about the role then he would love to talk to you. You can call the school on 0207381 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications: Noon on Friday 8th November 2019.
FBS is committed to the protection and safety of our learners. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing the role.