Head of Sociology
Main Scale / Upper Scale + TLR 2a
Required from September 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of Sir Christopher Hatton Academy; the only Outstanding Academy in Wellingborough and East Northants.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, motivated and enthusiastic Head of Sociology who, under the guidance of the Director of Humanities, would welcome the challenge of developing this key curriculum area. This newly created post requires a dynamic, creative and caring teacher whose lessons challenge and enthuse all pupils, allowing them to make excellent progress and extend their talents and interests. The Academy currently offer Sociology at KS5 and are keen to explore a GCSE option.
· are passionate about Sociology
· can raise attainment of students through outstanding teaching and learning across the whole ability / age range
· are committed to your professional development
then we would love to hear from you.
We offer you
· students who are well-behaved, dynamic and enthusiastic
· a supportive and successful learning environment with a whole school commitment to doing the best for our students
· excellent professional development, guidance and opportunities
· full STPD & continuous Local Government Service (subject to verification)
· generous Benefits and Well-Being package
You can find out more about this role by
· downloading a candidate pack and application form from our website www.hattonacademiestrust.org.uk or by contacting Mrs E Snell, Personnel Manager on 01933 221417 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· contacting Mr A Wilson – Associate Principal email@example.com for more information, or to arrange a visit.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9am Monday 19th February 2018
Hatton Academies Trust are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from appropriately qualified persons regardless of gender, race, religion, disability or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure Bureau Service check and any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references.