St Francis Xavier’s College, founded in 1842, is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18
Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational sixth form of 176 with a strong academic tradition.
Required for September 2019, a Head of Spanish. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational, highly motivated and experienced Teacher of Spanish to lead our committed and dedicated team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational leader with a love of their subject to join The College.
An ability to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills and a clear and sustainable vision for the development of Spanish is essential. The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach Spanish across the ability and age range.
• Experience of successful teaching of GCSE at good or better level;
• Evidence of raising achievement in present post and showing good value added for
• Knowledge of current curriculum developments in subject and their implications;
• Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking;
• Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of
• Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
• Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
• A passion for education and making a difference;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Ability to motivate others to high expectations;
• Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
• Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
Further details and application forms are available from our website at or email to
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 0151 288 1027.
Closing date for applications 10.00 am on 21 May 2019.
Safeguarding of our pupils is a priority.
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures.