We are seeking a Teacher of Spanish for our highly successful faculty to teach up to A Level. The ability to teach French as well, whilst not essential, would be advantageous.
For an existing Head of Department with an outstanding record of leadership, this could develop to a Director of Faculty role.
The Spanish department consists of a team of experienced, enthusiastic and committed teachers who gain excellent results. It has its own IT suite and embraces innovation.
The successful candidate will:
- lead the department to extend further excellent academic performance;
- lead with enthusiasm, skill and decisiveness and communicate clearly;
- contribute to the Progress Board;
- have high expectations of staff and students;
- take responsibility for the profile and development of your department;
- track the achievements of students in your faculty.
- We can offer you:
- highly motivated, ambitious students;
- excellent facilities;
- a strong, highly qualified staff team and an ethos of tolerance and respect;
- a commitment to ongoing professional development;
- an environment which promotes innovation.
Southend High School for Girls is a selective school which gained an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report in December 2011.
Application forms are available at www.shsg.org
If you have any queries, please contact Tania Overall on 01702 583076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday on Monday 25th March 2019
Interview date: Thursday 4th April 2019
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.